As former managing director of the German national association for beverage cartons FKN and its subsidiaries ReCarton and Palurec, I’m not new in the (U)BC business, but I am looking forward to extending my knowledge to a European scale. My target with EXTR:ACT will be to discover and form coalitions on a PAN-European level in order to make recycling in all aspects really happen.
Raymond De Schrevel
Within EXTR:ACT I am responsible for business development, finding new and interesting initiatives and innovations that support our mission and are of value to our members. I like to deep dive into the technology, but am aware that a feasible business case is always the basis for a successful development. Plotting all sales and recycling initiatives on the map of Europe with the time as variable, will give us a strategy where to go first and what to do next.
When you call the Frankfurt Office, you will probably get me on the phone. As office manager, I run the daily business of EXTR:ACT and support the team. I am experienced within the international business and looking forward to supporting all the beautiful initiatives that will make our world a little bit better. If you have any questions or need more information, do not hesitate to contact me.
My expertise is based on a 22-year experience in the paper and board industry, supplying solutions in chemicals and recycling process equipment. My role by EXTR:ACT is to serve our members with expertise about data analyses all around Europe and recycling information related to beverage cartons and multi-material packaging. Knowing where in Europe are existing and future recycling activities, understanding the flows and whole the value chain, will allow to reach a high level of sustainability of these products, and will reduce our carbon footprint.
The EXTR:ACT office is based in Frankfurt, Germany. The team’s role is:
- To manage the operations of the organisation
- To run common projects
- To support and serve its members,
- To align its members on common positions, sector goals and commitments
- To build, maintain and provide expert knowledge on the recycling value chain of beverage cartons
The EXTR:ACT-Team is strongly supported by two Working Groups:
Technical Working Group TWG:
Technical experts, nominated by the members, not only for recycling technology but also for R&D.
- Consult and support with knowledge and data.
- Evaluate and prioritise new and existing projects.
- Develop and help to install agreed methods with other parties.
- Foster collaboration, networking and confidence.
- Packaging: composition and their recyclability.
- Technology: collection, sorting, pulping, PolyAl, chemical recycling.
- Evaluate and promote/create value for the recovered materials after the recycling process such as: fibre, r-LDPE, r-HDPE, r-Alu.
- Linking R&D closer to recycling.
If required, special task forces for detailed issues and projects can be implemented.
Recycling Consulting Group RCG:
Experts from members, National Associations, regional representatives
- Transparency and knowledge sharing to support and optimise regional but also cross-border activities for a successful running of UBC-/multi-material recycling.
- Develop best practices by exchange of experiences.
- Foster collaboration and networking.
- Optimize fibre recycling, PolyAl, sorting, collection.
- Explore and establish partnerships/ look into new technologies.
- Logistics: cross-border flows and optimisations.
- Explore new applications/markets for secondary materials.